Friday, November 22, 2013

First of many this week

I have gotten through the first of my many challenges this week.   We had Greg and Joan here for dinner, which Mark prepared very well.  Dinner (spice-rubbed salmon with mango over brown rice, steamed broccoli, salad) had only 357 calories in it. Unfortunately I added too much Parmesan cheese to my salad, partly by accident, so that added another 230 calories.  Oops.  I had more wine than I planned at the party because I actually enjoyed one of the Cabernet brands and had two glasses of it after the tasting was over.  I didn't eat too many things at the party, but a little can still add up to a lot of calories.  The  total calories allowed for a day are now down to only 1301, according to Lose It!, but I had 1869 yesterday, over by 568 calories.  Worse was the sodium count.  Geez, I often forget to think about that.  I am up a pound and a half this morning, and I'm blaming it on the SIX THOUSAND mg of sodium.  That's over three days worth of sodium.  Ridiculous.

Today is the second challenge, the Thanksanukkah dinner out at the synagogue.  They are having a turkey dinner with latkes.  There will be salad and vegetables as well, challah, and dessert, too.  It's a buffet, which is usually not my best thing.  All I can do tonight is be sure to go through the line ONLY ONCE and watch out for the portion size.  Then I should be fine.  Breakfast and lunch are at home and planned.  I have two pieces of fruit planned for snacks, leaving 744 calories for dinner.  I am sure that I can get through that buffet line with no more than 744 calories on the plate.

Part of yesterday's problem was the busy schedule, so the exercise part got pushed aside.  Shopping took so long that we didn't even finish.  Then it was dark, gray, and rainy all day.  Not conducive to wanting to exercise.  We went to the gym, just a few minutes before the book talk, and Mark did one machine.  I got a cup of coffee and went into the lecture room instead! 

Today it's going to be sunny and 84.  We are going to go finish our shopping around 10 this morning and then hit the pool for a half hour of lap swimming.  That will give me a little leeway for tonight as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment