Saturday, November 2, 2013

Wine Party tonight

Usually on Saturdays, we go to the synagogue for services.  It's been our routine and tradition for decades, only broken by sickness or vacations.  Today I'm considering skipping it for sickness and rest.  Yesterday I barely managed to work a little exercise into the day.  I ended up doing about 20 minutes of water aerobics and then swam laps for 10 minutes.  It was between 4:10 and 4:40, and I just didn't seem to have any energy.  I think I'm fighting the beginnings of a cold.  My energy levels have plummeted in the last two days. That's terrible because I have too much to do in the next 10 days or so to be sick.  Sigh.  All my colds go straight to my larynx and give me terrible laryngitis.  Solo auditions for Starliters begin on Monday night and continue over the next three Monday nights.  I'm just hoping that I can still have a voice to audition with on Mondays.  Double sigh.

Yesterday morning I had my six month check up with the medical oncologist.  It was excellent.  As always, my blood work is perfect and the appointment goes very quickly.  Hopefully, all the appointments will be like that until the five years are up!  I wonder when they start those five years of counting?  It's three years this month since the surgery, but it's only two and a half years on the Arimidex, which started after the chemo ended but before radiation started.  I really have no idea when they are going to move me to annual check ups from every six months.

One thing that struck me as odd was that I weighed 30 pounds less on her scale than when she saw me last almost 7 months ago.  She didn't even notice or comment on it. I guess a med onc as other things to think about. 

We have the wine party tonight.  Mark made a fantastic looking peach-blueberry upside down cake yesterday to take with us.  It uses a Splenda-brown sugar blend and whole wheat flour to keep the carbs and calories a bit lower.  Still, I can only have 1/12 of the cake for 130 calories.  That and four small glasses of different Rieslings is going to add up to a lot of snack calories tonight.  I need to plan the rest of the day very carefully to account for it.

With any luck, I will do my weight routine at the gym and then take a 30-40 minute walk later.  It's only going to 75 degrees today, so it should be a very pleasant day for a walk!  I just hope the cold doesn't sap all my energy later like yesterday.  I'd like to pretend I'm not getting sick, but that is probably silly.  Instead, I think I'll go take some extra vitamin C and some zinc lozenges in an effort to head it off, or at least shorten it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment