Sunday, November 3, 2013

Hanukkah VERY Early!

Today Mark is getting two of his eight Hanukkah presents.  I know Hanukkah is earlier than ever before (and never this early again for a very, VERY long time), but this gift had to be today no matter what.

I bought him two tickets to see singer Demi Lovato at the House of Blues at Downtown Disney. I also made dinner reservations there for tonight before the show.  I hope it's great!  I bought the tickets online a month ago as soon as they went on sale, and only after I had them did I realize the venue is mostly only standing room.  Geez.  There are a few stools around the edges of the second floor balcony, so by having dinner reservations, we are hoping to snag one of them.  Some reports in a google search said that those who had dinner there got priority entrance to the venue and a prayer of snagging a stool.  Otherwise, we will be standing up.

Also, today we are going to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival for our second lunch experience.  I am hoping all the walking in and out of Epcot and the possible hours of standing up at the concert will burn up most of today's calories!

Last night's wine tasting party of four Rieslings was a lot of fun.  There was a total of 13 people there, so we met some other new Solivita folks.  I did very well on my calories all day and drank the amount of wine and small piece of Mark's low carb blueberry-peach upside down cake that I planned.  Right up until the end of the party!  Then we had cheese and crackers, not too bad.  Then the hostess put a huge slab of her homemade gingerbread cake in my hand.  Yeah, it went down the hatch.  Then I found the bowl of salty pretzels and nuts.  Well, whatever....it's over.  Just another night of losing control around food.

I actually had Mark put the scale out this morning because I want to see what damage I do today, if any, between Food and Wine Festival lunch and dinner at House of Blues.  I weighed in this morning at 237.3, down a pound since my official Wednesday weigh-in.  I think that's fine for this week.  Tomorrow I'll see what it is again and know what happens today.  I won't be surprised if I'm up a bit, but then I'll have two more days to undo it.

No comments:

Post a Comment