Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Two great days with Evey and Eric

First things first.  It's Weigh-in Wednesday.  Earlier in the week I had dropped a little bit, but yesterday I was not behaving and there was less walking at Universal than Disney, so the result is a gain of a little under two pounds.  Last Wednesday I was 233.4 and this morning I am 235.1. That's a gain of 1.7 pounds for the week.  Bummer because if I could have reported YESTERDAY's weight, it would have a been a loss of a pound for the week.  What a difference a day makes.

Also, since my last blog, Mark's car broke down, AGAIN, on the way to the movie Sunday.  No movie for us.  Our neighbor, Ken, came and picked me up to get our other car.  AAA towed Mark's car.  This time it's some ball bearing somewhere that caused the brand new timing belt to stop working. Mark has had it.  The repair shop was very nice and are charging us only the price of the part, eating the labor charges just to make it run.  As soon as possible, he is trading it in.  Meanwhile, we rented a car for the next 15 days just in case my old car decided to drop dead during this busy season. AND...the new shower door came but had a broken hinge.  It's currently in the house, duct-taped together, and unusable.  A new hinge has to be made; no word on how or when the new one will get installed.

Meanwhile, we have had a wonderful time with Evey and Eric since we picked them up Sunday afternoon.  We did Magic Kingdom on Monday and Universal Studios on Tuesday.  Weather was supposed to be steady rain and thunderstorms all day yesterday, but the storms stayed a little north, giving us a perfect day at Universal.  Today we are having Evey's perfect day: Breakfast at Dunkin' Donuts, the new Disney animated feature Frozen, lunch at Q'doba's, afternoon snack at Rita's, my homemade macaroni and cheese for dinner, Hanukkah candles and presents tonight, a Solivita candle lighting at the Village Center followed by donuts and Hanukkah songs afterward in Mosaics (one of the restaurants in the Village). Great day for me, too, except that I have to lead the singing of six songs in Mosaics.  I'm getting a cold and worried my voice isn't going to be too great tonight.  Oh, well...it's a sing-a-long. I hope they DO!

Happy Hanukkah tonight if you are celebrating, and Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow to everybody!

Enjoy a few pictures from the last two days.
I bought a new Mickey hoodie and threw out my old one!

Riding the Jingle Cruise!  That's not a typo.  Jungle Cruise has been tweaked for the holiday.

In line for Small World

Heading over to ride Space Mountain

Sharing Le Fou's Brew at Gaston's Tavern in the new Fantasyland

Eric in front of Prince Eric's castle!

After the fireworks

Meeting up with some old friends at Universal Studios

Eric loves cows!  The Twister attraction has them.

Eric is a big fan of The Simpsons and Duff beer!

A Flaming Moe's and a Duff beer for lunch!

A Gigantic donut from Lard Lad's Donut Shop in Springfield.  Oh, yeah, we shared it.


Dinner at Lombard's.  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment