Wednesday, November 20, 2013

GREAT WEEK!

Down THREE POINT ONE pounds!!  I am beyond pleased.  Any week that includes a loss of 3.1 pounds is a great week.

This morning's weigh-in was 233.4!

Last week I had reported that I had stayed the same, so this 3.1 pounds is over a two week period. I'm still pleased.  There were so many eating challenges in the last two weeks.  This week will have MANY challenges, even more than in the past.  Here are this week's challenges:

Thursday:  wine tasting party, plenty of snacking ahead, plus the wine!
Monday:  lunch and dinner out at the Magic Kingdom with Evey and Eric (they arrive Sunday)
Tuesday: lunch and dinner out at Universal Studios with Evey and Eric

I did not do at all well at my last wine tasting party.  I made a plan, but it fell by the wayside once I arrived and started to nosh.  UGH.  This is my third party, and both of the previous two added a thousand or more unplanned calories.  So I will try again to keep my urges in check once the wine starts flowing.  Meals at the theme parks can be calorie-laden, but there is usually so much walking during the day that they work themselves out.  I expect those days to be high in calories, but not add weight due to the walking; however, they are also high in sodium, so I often have weight gain for a day or two afterwards just due to water retention. 

All along I have known that this week would be a tough one, full of BIG challenges.  I'm up for it. I am very pleased with this morning's weight, so if I put back a few pounds this week, I will still have three weeks to deal with it before the big anniversary cruise.  Each of those weeks has its own challenges.  Here's a preview of the following week's challenges:

next Wednesday: lunch out at Q'doba's, Evey's favorite Mexican fast food restaurant, and it's Hanukkah!  That means latkes and donuts.  We are going to a Solivita menorah lighting where there will be donuts afterwards.
next Thursday:  THANKSGIVING!  Need I say more? AND it's still Hanukkah!  8 days of latkes and donuts!  Wow!
a week from Sunday: Shalom Club Chanukkah Ball, dinner, drinking, and dancing!
a week from Tuesday: lunch and dinner out at Disney somewhere with more company

All along I have known that this week and the next would be a tough one, full of BIG challenges.  Not only are there many meals out of the house, but there is less time for exercise due to the busy schedule.  But, HEY, I'm up for it!  I am very pleased with this morning's weight, so if I put back a few pounds this week and the next, I will still have another two weeks to deal with it before the big anniversary cruise. 

Meanwhile, today is a going to be a good day, all meals at home, weights and walking.  A good day!



No comments:

Post a Comment