Friday, November 15, 2013

Good or Bad News?

Good news is Mark got a great part in the next show.  He is playing Ira Stone in Laughter on the 23rd Floor, a VERY funny character.

Bad news is I did not get a part.

Oh, wait...I actually thinks that's also good news!  LOL!!  No lines to learn!  No worries.  (Sshhh....don't let Mark hear you say that.  He's already worrying about learning lines.)

There were 8 men's parts for the play and 9 guys tried out.  I guess Mark could have been the one that didn't get a part.  We were actually surprised by who did and did not get a part.  There were only 2 women's parts and 6 women auditioned, so my odds weren't good to begin with!  I also put on the form that I'd help with props, ushering, or prompting, so hopefully, I can still be involved and help out somehow.  It should be a lot of fun.

Mark and I had a pretty good dinner at the Chinese restaurant at the Bellalago shopping center last night.  The place was attractive and clean inside.  We liked the tea pot, which was bigger and nicer than the usual little ones.  Our food was extremely inexpensive, so the portions were just right, not huge like so many places.  It was tasty, although not the best I've ever had by a long shot.  Still, we would go back again and take company with us.  The experiement was a success!

There is another restaurant about 10 minutes further up the road that we also want to try.  I'm not sure when we will get to it, but hopefully it will be by mid-December.  Then we will have choices!

Tonight we are having three people join us for Shabbat dinner and then going to the Reform temple in Kissimmee for services.  The couple is a member there, and since they came to SOJC with us once, we thought it only fair that we go to their service with them someday.  Tonight's the night.  The lady Rabbi there is leading a special Veteran's Day service with singing of patriotic and military songs.  I think that sounds like fun!

Mark is making a slow cooker pepper steak recipe, served over brown rice, with salad, challah, and wine.  We got three kinds of pareve cookies for dessert.  I have programmed my dinner down to the last cookie, and if I am very careful, I can make my calories today be right on target.  There will be no exercise, so that makes it tougher.  As I expected, I am up one pound today, probably from sodium at the restaurant.  I am hoping to drop that pound by tomorrow or Sunday.

Have a nice Shabbat, if you are reading this and are Jewish.  Otherwise, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment