Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Lucky Day. It's 11/12/13!

This morning, as I prepared to write this blog, I heard Good Morning, America doing a story on today's date, November 12, 2013.  I hadn't even realized it!  Apparently, the dates of three consecutive numbers, like 11-12-13, are considered lucky.  I hope everyone is lucky today.  It's going to a very long time before it happens again.

Meanwhile, yesterday I ate under 1,000 calories, did my weights and took a 30 minute walk, and got up this morning at 237.5.  I'm still one pound over last week's weigh-in, but today might knock that one off.  If so, I'll have a week of no weight loss, but at least I'll be staying the same.  Geez!  It's hard to lose weight.  Hahahaha!!!  Like THAT'S news to anyone.

I think gaining and losing weight frequently might be a good topic to discuss today.  Here's the next statement from Diabetic Living.

Yo-Yo Dieting is bad and could lead to increased death rates.

FALSE!

"The claim is that letting your weight bounce up and down can lead to early mortality and that it's better to stay at a steady weight, even if that weight is too high.

'There are new studies showing that yo-yo dieting doesn't seem to have any adverse effects at all,' Thomas says. 'There is no catch-up fat or extra fat distribution at the abdomen.'

In fact, research from the Swedish Obesity Study Team showed that people whose weight yo-yoed most of all--those who had bariatric surgery--had no increased mortality associated with weight fluctuations."

I have always believed that yo-yo dieting is bad.  I guess this should be a relief that I have not jeopardized my long-term health by losing and gaining 80+ pounds multiple times in my life.  On the other hand, carrying them around most of my life hasn't exactly been healthy either!  I would really love to lose another 40 pounds, get back to an even 200, and then stay between 200-205 for the rest of my life.  I would still be considered obese in any doctor's office, but in my head I would be svelte!  LOL!

Meanwhile, the contractors never did show up yesterday.  Eventually, around 6 p.m., the secretary at their office called to say Carlos would come this morning between 9 and 10.  I certainly hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment