Wednesday, November 13, 2013

On a platuea but giving myself a pep talk anyway!

I stayed the same for the week.  The official weigh-in this morning is 236.5, exactly the same as last Wednesday.  In fact, I've basically stayed the same for a month.  On October 13, the day we drove to Miami for the cruise, I weighed 237.8, so I'm down 1.3 pounds in that month. That's too bad because I was hoping for around 8-10 pounds gone in this past month in order to start the holiday/cruising season in the 220s.  I fear re-gaining 10-20 pounds between now and January 5 when we return from the second cruise. 

I am trying to look on the bright side!  I have always been terrible at maintaining a weight, but this month, and especially this week, I did an excellent job of maintaining.  I had three big meals in special party or restaurant situations in which I gained, but then I did an excellent job of eating right the rest of the time so that I ended up the same.  I should enjoy that experience and be proud of myself.

OKAY, I really am happy about that.

Also, since I know I'm an emotional eater, I should be pleased with staying the same because it's been a VERY emotional week.  We had the show, which always gets one's adrenalin going, and we had the contractor in the house all last week and yesterday making a big MESS. The shower isn't going to be done by the time Evey and Eric arrive, so yesterday I just had to deal with that thought.  SO...I maintained my weight this week DESPITE the challenges.  Yay for me!

This week is also going to be very challenging.  I have dinner out tonight with the Democrat Club Meeting.  I have dinner out tomorrow night because we are trying to find a nice sit-down Chinese restaurant closer to home than our usual one in Orlando.  We have been given two, so we are trying the first one tonight.  Friday we are having company for dinner, so Mark is making a nice dinner. I can control that pretty good, but there is always challah, wine, and dessert with company on Friday.  Sunday we are eating lunch out after the movie, like we always do.  So that is four meals that will be a challenge.  So there is the potential that this week will also be a maintenance week.  Stay tuned for next Wednesday's report!

Meanwhile, here is the snippet from the magazine article for today.  I picked this one because it seemed to relate to my problems today.

Set realistic goals or you'll get frustrated, lose less, or give-up.

FALSE!!

"This is one weight loss belief that seems so reasonable it must be true.  But absolutely no evidence exists to show that losing weight must be a reasonable or realistic endeavor. Whether you have small step-by-step objectives or giant, wild dreams, the takeaway is clear.  Go for it.  'Individuality is key. What works for you is the thing that matters the most,'  Casazza says. 'As the weight loss commercials say, Results may vary.'" 

I have been going for the step-by-step objective plan.  It's slow, and a previous article said slow doesn't really matter.  Still, this one is saying what works for me is what I should do.  I think slow and steady with small objectives is what is going to work for me.  So I think I'll stick with my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment