Saturday, April 18, 2015

At last, Shul and Pool!

It has been months since we had a Shabbat that included shul and pool.  If it doesn't rain this afternoon, we will definitely head to the pool.

I had an excellent day yesterday in terms of food and exercise.  I did what I said I would do and a little more, 40 minutes of water aerobics and 15 minutes lap swimming.  My meals were planned and logged in.  I had 1609 calories, just 15 under my allotment, but the exercise calories burned made it look like I only had 1176.  I am rewarded this morning with another pound gone.  I'm only going to check my weight two more days, Sunday and Monday.  Then that scale is getting put away for a week.

The last three days our closest gym, The Palms, has been closed to replace all of the equipment.  We are apprehensive that we won't like the new machines.  The other gym, Riviera Fitness Center, has terrible machines that I hate. I refuse to go there.  I'm really hoping they have not put that type in The Palms.  Between the shul and the pool, Mark and I might go up there and take a look at the new equipment.  We have used lots of gyms on various cruise ships and hotels.  There are many companies that make these weight lifting machines.  Some are good and some are not.  We are hoping that we like the new machines they have chosen.


No comments:

Post a Comment