Thursday, April 23, 2015

SOJC Low Stress Choir performs tonight at the Israeli Independence Day Festival in Maitland.

This is a big night tonight.  Except for performing at the Rosen Center for the Cantor's 13th Anniversary party in January, my little SOJC Low-Stress Choir has only performed inside the building and mostly only at the High Holidays.  Tonight at 7:40 p.m. they are performing three songs at the JCC up in Maitland at the big Israeli Independence Day Celebration.  There will be ten of us singing three songs.  The first two are a cappella, "Im Tirtzu" and "Lechi Lach" by Debbie Friedman, and we are finishing with a two part arrangement of "Kachol Yam Hamayim," a song composed before 1948 about the beauty of Israel.  I think they will be AWESOME!

Last night we had a fabulous dinner party with Chris and Laurel.  We spent the whole afternoon around the Cove pool with them and then came back for dinner.  I marked down all my calories, did some water aerobics and laps, and stuck to my plan. Yay for me!  I ate 1600 calories exactly.  I'm pretty pleased with myself.

Today we are eating dinner up at the festival, so who knows what we will find. I have had an excellent breakfast and lunch, did the 40 minutes of water aerobics and swam 10 minutes of laps.  There will be a good bit of walking  and standing at the festival tonight as well.  I have about 1100 calories left for tonight, and I feel confident that it is enough to account for anything we might find to buy for dinner.

I looked back at my weights that are recorded in my Lose It! program.  Back in December of 2013, I hit my lowest point since we have moved to Florida.  It was 232.5.  Wow!  Instead of staying the course and losing another 10-20 pounds and being back where I was in 2010 when we left for Hawaii, I gained FIFTY pounds.  Actually I gained a bunch, lost a bunch, and gained it again.  Ridiculous.  I had forgotten that I had gotten down that low in 2013.  I know I hit about 236 in April of 2014 after blossoming back up to the 270s, so here I am just trying to go back down again.  When will I ever learn to STAY DOWN????


No comments:

Post a Comment