Tuesday, April 21, 2015

It was hard not to get that scale out.

I put the scale away myself yesterday, so I know where it is.  I really, REALLY wanted to get it out and weigh myself this morning.  I had SUCH a very, very good day yesterday. I ate only 1190 calories, and I did all my workouts (40 minutes of water aerobics, 10 minutes of swimming laps, 10 minutes on the weight machines.)  I drank a lot of water, and I just feel like I MUST have dropped some weight.

But I didn't do it.  I resisted the temptation.  Yay for me.

The new machines at The Palms are the same brand as the old ones.  I used to do 9 of the weight machines.  One of the types for the calf muscle is no longer there, so now I have only 8 to do.  Of the 8 that I did, two of them are somewhat different, but they are both still very good.  Mark and I are both satisfied with the new machines.  The whole layout of the room is different, but it's going to be fine.

Today I have "The Works" at Nature Hair at the Cove.  That means I'm having my hair colored, highlighted, cut, a spa pedicure, a gel manicure, and a facial waxing.  It will take about five hours and cost around $300.  Wow!  Good thing I only do this about every four months.  I haven't had a mani/pedi in six weeks because of the big trip.  I've done my own nails twice and filed my toenails down twice, too, but I can't wait for Nicole to give them her professional touch.

After the appointment, I will do some shopping to pick up more dinner supplies because we are having a dinner party with our friends from a few blocks up our street, Ed and Barbara.  They have recently bought into DVC, so we are hosting them for dinner to talk all things Mouse Related!  We might even play a Disney game after dinner. 

Mark is making an omelet in the slow cooker.  Who knew you could do that?  I am picking up the salad fixings and some broccoli to go with it.  I might get some cut fruit and sugar free cookies for dessert as well.  They are bringing rolls.  It should be a lot of fun, but I have to watch myself with the dessert part.  As long as I eat very sensibly the rest of the day, I am hoping the dinner party will be okay. 


No comments:

Post a Comment