Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Ming Court went well.

We had a delicious dinner at Ming Court in Orlando last night.  Mark and I were determined to try something different, hopefully healthier, than our usual choices.  This restaurant has a very large menu and a lot of things you don't see in other restaurants.  I ordered asparagus and mushroom trio in white wine garlic sauce, and Mark ordered one of the house specialties, water-cooked spicy fish.  Both were super spicy, which we liked, and they did not feel like there was a significant amount of sugar or cornstarch in the sauces.  Steamed white rice came with it, and I did eat more than I intended.  Still, I tried to count up all those calories.  It's really hard to do when you don't know the recipes and they aren't listed on any calorie counting programs.  Rice is easy to do.  LOL!

At my best guess for dinner, my calories yesterday came to 1562.  My new allotment after losing a little weight is 1576, so I was perfect.  I also burned 544 calories in exercise: 40 minutes of water aerobics, 20 minutes of swimming laps, 15 minutes of weight lifting machines.  This morning I did weigh myself again because I wondered how that dinner went.  I am the same today, so I'm excited.

Tomorrow I have my doctor's appointment for the twice-a-year check up.  This morning I am 8 pounds higher than last visit in October.  When I weigh in at the doctor's office around 10:30 in clothing, I'm sure it will show I'm over 10 pounds up.  She will NOT be happy.  Also our blood work has arrived online in the Quest Patient Portal.  My fasting sugar is 104; six months ago it was 105. I had forgotten that I was over 100 last time.  Also my A1C was 5.8 last time and this time it is 6.0.  Those are flagged as slightly high and could lead to diabetes.  Mark's endocrinologist in Maryland would not be concerned about those numbers AT ALL, but I'll see what she says.

The only other concern is something called RDW.  I never heard of it before, but it was flagged as high. Up to 15 is normal, and I was 15.5.  I will be interested in hearing the doctor's take on this.  A google search shows that it mostly shows anemia but can also be liver disease.  I'm not really worried about anything serious because I feel very well, but I could be a little anemic.  I just looked at my  multi-vitamin and saw that it does not include any iron.  I might need to add an iron pill to my daily routine.  I'll let you know after I talk to her tomorrow.

I also will be talking to her about the muscle relaxants.  My visit with her in October found me in severe back pain.  She gave me a prescription that I took as directed for a couple of days, and the situation was resolved.  Then a few weeks later, I was having bad leg cramps at night, as I would have frequently.  So one night I took that muscle relaxant to help it settle down.  Then I took it the next night and the next until they ran out last week.  I only had three, very mild, leg cramps in the last six months that I took them.  I want to talk to her about staying on them forever, but I'll need another prescription.  I hope she says it's okay to do that because those nightly leg cramps were sometimes very, VERY BAD!  She has blamed them on decades of statin drugs.  I'm sure she's right.

Today is going to be rainy all day.  It's raining right now, so we are not going to go over to the Cove today after all.  No water aerobics for us today or tomorrow (doctor's appointment).  Instead Mark and I hope to get up to the indoor track to walk for 20 minutes.  Cathy and I also plan to go to WalMart to pick up some things we need to improve the house and help my philodendron get healthier.  It should be a fun, low key day.

Tomorrow will be rainy also and crazy.  Doctor's appointments in the morning, car buying in the afternoon, quick dinner at home, and then a Shalom Club meeting at 7 p.m.  There will be almost no time to even SEE Tom and Cathy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment