Friday, April 17, 2015

Back to the Library

Obviously we have not volunteered in the ANRL library at the Cove for over a month, so today is our day!  It should be fun to get back to that.  We will start out the day with water aerobics at 10:30, which I'm very much looking forward to.

I dropped about half a pound since yesterday, down to 282.2 this morning.  I am going to continue to weigh in daily until Monday morning.  Then I'm going back to the weekly weigh-in.  Weight Watchers always has recommended once a week, but I've recently read some articles saying once a day is better.  Who really knows, but I go crazy when I get on and off the scale too often.  Plus there's the element of that big surprise when you step on it Monday morning!  So that's one big thing I'm planning on changing for my Weight Loss Journey Part Two!

We ate in a French restaurant in Mt. Dora yesterday.  It was really amazing.  I did not do as well as I could have.  I did one thing right, no alcohol.  Mark and Susie both had wine, but I decided to stick with black coffee and water.  I did one thing wrong.  I ordered the Roasted Red Pepper and Gouda soup instead of the salad.  Should have had the salad, but the soup was certainly delicious.  I probably should have ordered a quiche, but I ordered a broccoli and cheese crepe.  I'm not really sure whether a crepe or a quiche is higher in calories honestly.  The other good thing I did was log it all into my Lose It! program as best as I could.  I looked up other crepes and soups and estimated the meal at 900 calories.  I logged all my foods in.  Breakfast and dinner were at home and very good.  I ate only a banana and a small orange later in the evening.  My total calories came to 1723, which is too high for any serious weigh loss.  My app is allowing me 1624 right now because my weight is so high.  It's set to allow for a two pound loss per week, so as your weight goes down, the calorie allotment goes down, too.  I walked around Mt. Dora a lot, so I programmed one hour of slow walking in, which then allowed the app to show that I was under my allotment by a little bit.

I'm going to try really hard this time to learn how to eat right in restaurants and in other people's homes or at parties.  These occasions are still hard for me.

We had a great time yesterday with Susie and Ed in Mount Dora.  It's a beautiful town up on a hill of 183 feet, overlooking Lake Dora.  We had a two hour boat ride around Lake Dora, through the Dora Canal, and briefly into Lake Eustis before returning to dock.  We strolled around town, ate lunch in the French restaurant, shopping in a few places, visited the little museum, and took the historic old train up to the next town of Tavares.  We learned that Tavares means "center" in Portuguese and Tavares is the actual geographic center of Florida.  The rain held off until our drive home.  It was HORRIBLE at that point, so kudos to Ed for staying alert and driving us safely home.

Enjoy these few pictures from Mt. Dora.



A REALLY big gator swam across the lake right up to the boat dock and then under the dock.  We estimated it at 10 or more feet in length.


We were the ONLY passengers on the 10 a.m. cruise.  We got lots of personal attention, which was great!

Heading into the Dora Canal.

Peaceful cruising through the canal.

Awesome gator sunning on a plank.

French restaurant for lunch.

The little history museum is in a building that used to be the city jail and fire house.

Lots of really cool stuff in here.

We allowed to TOUCH anything!  I tried to play the old pump organ, but it didn't work.  We had one like this in the house when I was growing up.


There are six jail cells back here.  There was only one breakout ever and the prisoner said it was just too cold, so he would come back for his trial.  And he did.

Looks like there have now been TWO breakouts.


Susie had a friend who said be sure to stop here!

Lots of flavored oils and balsamic vinegars to taste and buy.

Next we walked over to the Lakeside Inn.

Built in 1883 it is the oldest, continuing operating hotel in Florida.

Mark finds jails, but I find rocking chairs.

Then it was off to catch the 3:15 train to Tavares.







No comments:

Post a Comment