Monday, April 20, 2015

Monday Weigh In and Mah Jongg and Choir

It's going to be one of those busy, compartmentalized day.  At 10:30 a.m. I have water aerobics and lap swimming over at the Cove.  At 1 p.m. I have Mah Jongg at my neighbor's house.  At 7:30 I have choir at SOJC.  Each is in a different location, of course! 

This is our last choir rehearsal before the performance Thursday night at the Israeli Independence Day Celebration at the Maitland JCC.  Along the way of rehearsing for this event, two of my members have had to withdraw.  Still, we will be 10 people up there, and I think they will be fine. 

Yesterday we did everything we planned, and it went very well with no rain to interfere. The Starliters show was just SO MUCH FUN!  It was great fun looking at all my friends up there, doing such a great job.  I miss hanging out with them, but I surety did NOT miss the number of hours and days they had to put in over the last nine 7 months to get to that point.

This whole weekend was just perfect.  It allowed us to enjoy and participate in all the various venues that we love down here:  Solivita (Starliters and our beautiful home), Cypress Cove (water aerobics, pool, relaxation, ARNL library, hanging out with friends), SOJC (fabulous services on Shabbat), and Disney (Downtown Disney for a movie, Epcot).  I often feel like these four places are all pulling on us, and sometimes we can't keep up with all of them; however, when you haven't been at any of them for a month or more, then having a weekend where you did a little of everything was very enjoyable.

Yesterday, I ate exactly what I planned and programmed.  I walked over three miles because we went to Disney.  I expected a nice weight loss for that.

Hm....I remember writing about the quirkiness of my scale before.  I got on the scale first thing this morning and was UP a LOT.   ????  How can that be?  I moved the scale and got on and was down four pounds, right then from the previous weighing.  Long story short, I got on and off about 10 times, some before my shower and some after, some on one tile in the bathroom and some on another.  Now I don't know what to report for my weight.  I got so many different numbers that I have no idea which is right.  They varied from the lowest of 280.6 all the way up to 284.3.  So which one is it? 

To be honest, if I had stepped on the scale and gotten the lowest number first, I would have said Hooray and written it down.  Unfortunately, I got something in the 283 range, which made me mad.  That would have meant another pound up from yesterday.  I didn't believe that was possible with eating 1440 calories and walking three miles.  Instead, I just got on and off another eight or so times and got eight different numbers. 

Last Monday I reported a weight of 284.6.  Today I have NO idea what to report.  Clearly it is something between the lows and highs I just mentioned.  The LAST time I got on the scale it said 281 even, so I have decided to keep that one.  That might be a mistake, but I'm going with it anyway.

So my official report for the week is that I weighed in at 281 this morning for a lost of 3.6 pounds.  That's an excellent week.  I just hope it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment