Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Good to be home.

The train ride was smooth and uneventful.  It even arrived an hour earlier than scheduled.  Since there were only 74 cars and 149 people, it did not take too long before our car was called.  The train will take 600 passengers and nearly 300 cars north today.  I'm sure Amtrak loves the snowbirds very much.

We picked up Mark's comic books, picked up my car where it had been sitting at the shop for a month, and then split up.  Mark went grocery shopping for a few things to tide us over while I went home and started to unload the car.  UGH.  That seemed to take forever. I had about half of it done when he got home, so he finished.  We had lunch and then slept about two hours before unpacking everything.  I guess we didn't sleep all that well on the train this time.

Today I am starting over.  I weigh 283.6 this morning, which is one pound lost since Monday, so at least I'm going in the right direction.  I have to lose ALL my weight over again.  This really is a complete do-over.  I'm kind of disgusted with myself, but I'll get over it.  I just have to do it again.  I do know how to do that.

I had a perfect breakfast this morning of Fiber One cereal with blueberries and 80 calorie Greek Yogurt on it.  Lunch will be at home, tuna on salad.  Then dinner will be at Perkins tonight.  We were going to go to Sweet Tomatoes, but I'm not that great at control in buffets, even ones that are mostly soup and salad.  Perkins has a Low Calorie meal section with tilapia and sides that I've had before.  If I order that I will be okay.  Plus Mark got a coupon for one free entree.  Hard to pass that up.

Tonight we have a lecture at the synagogue at 6:45 on the Holocaust for Yom Hashoah.  Then we have the choir rehearsal afterwards.  Our little three-song performance is next Thursday night.

In just a few minutes, Mark and I are heading to the Cove to do the 10:30 water aerobics class.  I did it once before we left for Maryland, but basically we haven't done it regularly in a year.  It's time to get back to doing that at least two or three mornings a week.  Eventually the lady who leads it will go north since she's a partial snowbird herself.  Last year she left at the end of June. If I can squeeze a walk in today as well, that would be wonderful.  Thunderstorms are predicted for the afternoon and evening, so we will have to wait to see how that goes.  At 4:45, we are heading over to the Perkins near Disney for a 5:30 dinner time and then the lecture and rehearsal.

It's very good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment