Friday, April 24, 2015

It's Friday.

My choir, which includes Mark, did a great job last night at the Israel Independence Day Celebration.  We got there around 6:30, had a small falafel for dinner, hung around with the other choir members, listened to some other groups, and then sang our three songs.  The crowd was large and noisy, but by the time we went on, a lot of people had left.  That worked to our advantage because it was easier for those who were there to hear us.  We got a lot of applause and compliments.  I'm proud of them and happy we did it.

I didn't go over my calories yesterday because the small falafel and the sorbet that one of the choir member's bought me as a treat did not push me over.  I was pretty happy about that.  I only had a banana at bedtime, making my total calories only 1362 yesterday.  I also had the exercise, so it was a great day.  After subtracting the exercise calories (376), my net calories were only 987.

Today we will once again head over to the Cove for the water aerobics and lap swimming.  We will also go up to The Palms for the weight lifting routine.  I am only doing seven machines right now with such little weight and so few reps that it only takes 10 minutes.  Next week I'm going to boost the weight or the reps, which varies on different machines, and try to make it take up to fifteen minute.

We are having our friends Tom and Cathy arrive on Sunday for a week.  Mark is planning to cook at home most of the time and hang out at the Cove a lot.  I am hoping this will be one time that when we have company, I don't gain weight.

I already have my calories all planned out for today in the Lose It! app. It's Shabbat tonight, so Friday dinner is always a bit higher for a meal at home because of the challah and wine.  This week it's the same meal as last Friday, coffee-rubbed steak with red-eye beans.  Oh, BOY, was that good!  My total calories today should come to 1476 with 421 burned in exercise, net 1055 calorie day.  Pretty sweet.

Here's my menus for today:
Breakfast:  3 Morningstar Sausage Links (120) and Sugar Free Greek Yogurt (80)   Total 200 cal.

Lunch:  can of low sodium tuna (140), can of low sodium green beans (70), 2 small plums (61)  Total 271 cal.

Dinner: shot of whiskey on the rocks (96), 2 ounces of moscato wine (94), 2 ounces of challah (132), 2 T Smart Balance spread (100), 1 serving of Diabetic Living Coffee-Rubbed Steak with Red-Eye Beans (294), 1 cup steamed broccoli (20), 1 1/2 cups tossed salad (15)  Total 752 cal.

Snacks: medium banana (105) and pint of Arctic Zero ice cream (148)  Total 253 cal.

That adds up to 1476, subtract 421 for exercise, and the day's final net total calories is 1055.

And look how well I ate!  Yummy food, good exercise.  Doing this every day will most definitely get me very close to my goal by August 2 when we head to Hawaii.  There are always obstacles to being this good every day, but as long as I'm close to it most days, I will get very close.  Currently, my goal is to be at 250.  If I lose two pounds per week, which is attainable, I think I will make it.  If I lose a little more than two pounds a week on some of the weeks, I would be into the 240s again and I'd be THRILLED!

No comments:

Post a Comment