Monday, April 6, 2015

it's Monday! It's Opening Day!

We have been up here a bit over four weeks.  Today marks the day that we have exactly one week left because we take the auto train home next Monday.

I have not done well with the weight since the last report.  Today I am 282.5.  Sad, I know.  It's up one and a half pounds since last Monday.  Actually, it's up four pounds since Wednesday when we moved into the apartment.  Now that Passover has started, I have eaten a lot of matzoh, snacks, and desserts. Today we are going to the Rosens for lunch.  I'm sure the food will be plentiful and delicious.

Yesterday, Mark and I went to Mishkan Torah for the second day holiday services. Only 9 people total came, so it was a bit of a truncated service.  Still, it was lovely seeing those who came, and Rabbi Cohen did a great job of reading and discussing the Torah service.  When we came back, we decided to take a walk after lunch.  We walked 10 minutes down the road and the same 10 minutes back, just 20 minutes.  Unfortunately, at this weight, my back can barely support the weight, so it was cramped and hurting after 10 minutes.  if i had walked in a circle and was back where I started from in 10 minutes, I would have been happy and sat down.  That wasn't the case, however, so I had to turn around and walk back in pain that increased as the time went on.  It wasn't even a one mile walk.  Ridiculous.

I remember back in 2009 when I first started losing weight and walking that I could only walk short distances before I had to sit down and let the back muscles relax a bit.  Clearly, I am back to that point.  i can hardly believe that I've allowed myself to get tot his point.

Well, except for eating at Arlene's house on Wednesday while we play Mah Jongg, the rest of my meals through Saturday afternoon will all be in the apartment to keep kosher for Passover.  That's not necessarily going to keep the calories down though because I have a lot of high calorie foods here.  Even the dinners that Mark makes won't be as low calorie or low carb or low fat as usual.  We definitely have certain holiday foods that we like to have.

Today after we leave the Rosens, Mark will listen to the opening day game of the Orioles, who are playing their first game of the season at Trop Field against the Tampa Bay Rays.  We will get a chance to go to a game here in Baltimore at Camden Yards on Sunday with Lowell before we head home.  That will be fun.  Today we also have to do a little bit of shopping and pick up Mark's new glasses in Arundel Mills Mall.  If we have time, I will try to walk around that oval track just once.  I bet I can't even get around one time without sitting down to rest my back, just like back in 2009.


No comments:

Post a Comment