Thursday, April 16, 2015

Great day yesterday and looking forward to a great day today.

Getting back into the pool for water aerobics followed by 10 minutes of lap swimming felt absolutely wonderful yesterday.  Because I'm so heavy and out of shape, I did not move as fast or as hard during the aerobics, and 10 minutes of lap swimming was all I could do, too, BUT it's a START! Yay! A little later in the day I also walked 20 minutes.  I feel like I kicked off my new weight loss journey very well.

I also ate very well and logged it all into Lose It!  I had almost exactly 1200 calories.  I went to the Perkins website and looked up their dinners and nutritional data.  They have an excellent nutrition calculator.  I ordered the Fit Fare Tilapia, substituted a plain baked potato for the rice and added broccoli on the side.  The total for that was only 455 calories. It was also delicious and filling.

For this perfect day, I was rewarded with a one pound weight loss.  I am now only five pounds up from when we left for MD on March 12.  If I can drop those five pounds in the next week or two, I will be able to focus on getting back to around 250 by the day we leave for Hawaii, August 2.

My SOCJ choir rehearsed very well last night.  Next Thursday they have their first performance outside of the building, so we are all very excited for that.  They are performing at the JCC in Matiland for the big Israeli Independence Day Festival on Thursday, April 23.  Our scheduled performance time is 7:40 p.m.  I hope I can get someone to take some pictures of us on stage!

Today we are having Tourist Tuesday on Thursday with Susie and Ed Goldberg.  We are driving up to Mount Dora, a bit over an hour north, to explore.  We have reservations for a two hour canal boat tour from 10 a.m. to noon.  Then we'll have three hours to have lunch in Mt. Dora, explore the shops, and maybe even go to their local area history museum.  At 3:15 we board their historic train for a 9 mile ride along the lake to the nearby town of Tavares and then back again.  If the predicted thunderstorms don't get us, it should be a wonderful day.

My breakfast and dinner will be at home.  Lunch will be somewhere in Mt. Dora.  I pledge to do the best I can.  I don't know the restaurant we will go to, so I cannot prepare for it like I did yesterday at Perkins. In general, the rule for restaurants has to include things like no appetizers, alcohol, or dessert.  If I just order a reasonable entree, all should be well. 

As for exercise, I have nothing specific planned, but there should be lots of time for walking around Mt. Dora.  My iPhone 6 will record my steps, which is nice. 

Hope everyone reading this blog also has a nice day!




No comments:

Post a Comment