Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Great shopping!

Today I will be taking my daughter to the train station so she can go to NJ and spend New Year's Eve at her boyfriend's house. They've never spent a New Year's eve together, so it will be lots of fun for them. Mark and I will spend a quiet one at home, as usual. I also plan to go to Kohl's and buy some new pants and tops with the gift card that I got from my step-mother, plus I have $20 in Kohl's Cash that will expire on Saturday. Evey and I are going to shop together. It will be fun. No straying from my diet planned for today!

Just got back from Kohl's. I got three pairs of pants and three cute tops. I'm very excited because I can go to a regular store and find things! Two of the pants have buttons and zippers! I haven't done that in decades. All were in size 22, but two of them were 22 petite. I was very excited by the shopping trip. Hm... the clerk did ask if I wanted the senior discount. I didn't know they had that, so I asked how old you had to be. She said 60, so I honestly told her I wouldn't be 60 until the summer, but she said, "Oh, I'll give it to you anyway." Hey, I may look old to her, but I was happy to knock another 15% off the price!

Then Evey and I went to Bob Evan's for brunch. It's so cold out, and she had eaten no breakfast, so even though it was only 11:10 a.m. we felt like eating some hot food. I had a plain grilled salmon with a dry baked potato and some broccoli plus a salad with no cheese or dressing. I think it was a great lunch. I did sneak a forkful of Evey's cinnamon pancakes. It was like dessert.

After we drop Evey off at the train station, Mark and I will walk the mall for 40 minutes or so and then see the new Sherlock Holmes movie. It's a going to be a busy but great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment