Tuesday, December 15, 2009

An unknown commenter!

Thank you, "Old Geezer." I don't know who you are, and I don't know how you found my blog, but it's kind of cool to get a positive comment from someone I don't know. As far as I knew, the only people reading this blog were those I personally told about it among my family, friends, and co-workers. I was quite taken aback tonight, in a positive way, when I saw a comment from a stranger. Thanks for finding me and taking the time to comment.

Today is Tuesday, which is weigh-in day. I weighed 213.6 this morning, down just .8 for the week. That was mildly disappointing because my average daily calorie count for the week was 1130, but I think it's because there were only a few days of walking. I seem to have hit the plateau that is all so common. I can't drop the calories any lower and keep the nutritional content reasonable, so the only alternative is to step up the exercise component. Well, I didn't do any today. UGH. I had to mail Christmas presents and make multiple copies of music, which took FOREVER at Office Depot. It wasn't Office Depot's fault; it was just a lot of music and a lot of copies to make. Still, it prevented me from walking. I did take the stairs at work several times today, and I sang through the second half of my show when I got home. I guess that will have to count as the exercise component today. LOL

It's still Hanukkah, but I did not eat a latke tonight. Instead, later on, I'm going to have one jelly munchkin donut from Dunkin' Donut. I bet you didn't know you could buy just ONE munchkin for a QUARTER. That's pretty cool. There are 50 calories in that, so my calories today will be 1230. I'll have my little munchkin with a nice cup of decaf coffee made on my new machine. Ooo, I love that new machine! I wonder how long I can make one munchkin last?

Finally, our best friends became first-time grandparents last night when a baby boy was born to their oldest daughter at about 9 p.m. Congratulations to the new parents and grandparents. Love to all of you and Happy Hanukkah. What a great Hanukkah present!

1 comment:

  1. Plateaus - shomos! You can do it. Keep sticking to your guns and walking. When in doubt, walking always seems to work...not just in burning calories, but clearing your mind. Makes me not want to snack as much since I just did something good for my mind, heart and body.

    ReplyDelete