Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Shopping

First of all, my scale was still in the bathroom this morning, so of course I got on it, and of course I'm up TWO pounds eating only 1100 calories yesterday. AGH!! Mark had not shopped yesterday, so it was slim pickings in the pantry this morning to make lunch. I found an old Manischewitz Matzo Ball soup container that has only 50 calories. Unfortunately when I looked at it more carefully at lunch today, I discovered it had a date on it of 1987!! I guess we don't clean out the pantry that often. It didn't smell too good when I made it, so after a few bites, I threw it out. I was also out of yogurt for the mid-morning snack. Instead I took sugar-free mousse. It was delicious and only 60 calories instead of the 90 in the yogurt, but it has almost no nutritional value to it. So my breakfast was only 180 calories instead of the usual 210, and lunch contained only 110 calories instead of the usual 240. I ate an orange after school as always, and then I really enjoyed my Grande Skinny Caramel Latte at Starbucks, 110 calories!

I went to the mall after school to buy new walking shoes. It's such a chore. I have HUGE orthotics that have to fit into the shoes. I wanted to buy Nike shoes, so I went to the Nike Store at the mall. I tried on five or six pairs. It's hard to find a walking shoe that will hold these monster orthotics. I bought two pairs of shoes. One is a walking shoe and the orthotics went in fairly well. They are white with a gray strip and pretty cool looking. I hope they work out. They were also on sale for only $40. Not bad. I should have stopped there, but I really liked the black pair that didn't hold the orthotics! They felt really good without the orthotics, and I think it will be good to have a black pair just to wear to school. They cost $80. Hm...I didn't really need them, so that was a bit of a splurge.

I slowly walked all the way around the mall once, window shopping, and actually shopping. I got a few things here and there, finishing up at Starbucks. Now I'm home waiting for Mark to make my Miracle Noodle spaghetti dinner, our usual Wednesday night fare. It's yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I would have shopped if somebody had not absconded with my car. No matter, I have absconded with your scale!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete