Saturday, December 19, 2009

"Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!"

I'm officially in the blizzard zone! It's snowing like crazy, but I'm all snug and warm, wearing multiple layers of clothing and drinking lots of hot drinks made on my new Keurig coffee-maker. It's a good thing I stocked up on four different flavors!

I won't be doing any shoveling because I'm not supposed to lift anything heavy or twist my body until mid-January. Oh, that's just too bad! So the 26+ inches that are expected to be on my lawn, driveway, and sidewalks will just have to sit there until Mark gets home Monday! Sorry, Mark.

More problematic is the lack of exercise and the abundance of food and the natural tendency to want to eat a lot on cold, snowy days. There's no one in the house to prevent me from doing this, so I have to rely on my own will-power. YIKES. That's a scarier thought than the possibility of 26+ inches of snow showing up and no way to shovel it. Last night I ate a "comfort food" TV dinner: vegetarian meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and mixed vegetables. It was AWESOME and only 290 calories. Thanks, Amy brand! I added a large quantity of steamed broccoli and a big salad with some parmesan cheese. Not too bad. It probably wasn't more calories than I would have had if I had gone to my friend's house for dinner as planned. I cancelled that trip because the snow was supposed to start falling by 9. It actually started at 9:30 and came pretty fast, so I'm glad I stayed home. I also had a half cup of grape juice for kiddush and an entire, but small, challah roll. I lit the eighth night of Hanukkah candles, lit up the electric menorah in the front window, and lit the Shabbat candles. It was a quiet, peaceful evening.

I also totally amazed myself by learning to use my iPod and Kindle. I downloaded three songs to the iPod and one book to the Kindle. I'm really in LOVE with both objects! Thank you Evey, Lowell, and Mark for these wonderful Hanukkah presents. I am really glad I have these toys to amuse me today. I'm going to spend a large part of the afternoon reading my new novel on the Kindle while I sit with the bunny rabbit to keep her company. I doubt if she'll care that I'm sitting in there with her, but hey, company is company when you have no one else!

No comments:

Post a Comment