Monday, December 7, 2009

Dinner at Denny's after a tough day.

This morning I headed out for work, got on the Parkway, and it was a parking lot. UGH. I had to get right back off and go the long way to work. I had left early, so I still made it to work on time. Work went well, and then I went to my cousin's house so we could go visit my elderly aunt. I had two lap blankets to bring her because she had complained of being cold last time. I think she liked them. It's hard to tell. Then when we got back to my cousin's house...BOOM...my car wouldn't start. Fortunately, the car was in front of my cousin's house! Her son Chuck came out and gave me a jump start to send me on my way. I met Mark at the auto supply store near our house where they will come out, check the battery, and replace it right in the parking lot. UNFORTUNATELY, they did not have my kind of battery even though my battery failed their test. SO....off we went to the local Ford dealer. Missed it by THAT much, as Maxwell Smart used to say. They closed at 6 p.m. and it was 6:05. DOH! I left it on a night drop and also asked for 60,000 mile check-up. This will probably cost a fortune at the season of year where it's not fun to pay a fortune for car upkeep. Oh, well...at least Mark agreed to let me buy him dinner at Denny's. I was SOOOOO ready to go have dinner by 6:30 p.m. after a long, crazy day.

The cook was having an off day, so she sent me the Sr. Lemon Pepper Tilapia WITH sauce even though I always order it with NO sauce. Our server sent it back, which was nice. The cook also sent Mark, and later me, the full meal instead of the Sr. meal. This meant a bigger plate, larger piece of fish, and a huge pile of RICE with peas and carrots lurking under the fish. YUM. I love rice with peas and carrots, but I could not eat that. Actually I picked out all the peas and carrots and left most of the rice, but I need to add at least an extra 100 calories to the usual count of 750. Sigh. After an unusually stressful day, I would normally overeat A LOT, so I guess just having a few extra peas and carrots isn't too bad.

Now I'm finally home and watching TV and relaxing. Feels good to be relaxing finally.

1 comment:

  1. peas and carrots? you're a better woman then me! I'm not found of peas, but I do like carrots. I'm trying to get more veggies into our diet. It's tough without adding fattening sauces!

    ReplyDelete