Friday, December 4, 2009

Weekend Away

I worked two days! Hey, enough is enough! Time for a get-a-way. Mark drove me to work this morning, so he could come back at 2:30 and pick me up right after work. We drove two and a half hours to one of our favorite places up in the West Virginia mountains. The lodge has a crackling, roaring fireplace going, and at 8:30 tonight they are running the movie A Good Year with Russell Crowe and Albert Finney. I don't know anything about it, but I don't care. I'm sure it will be fun and relaxing to watch it with the fire in the huge, stone fireplace of the main lodge.

To keep my calories in check, we always bring our own dinner. Mark had Subway salads, challah, and grape juice in the car for dinner in our room. It's Shabbat tonight, so we always have challah and grape juice for that. We also packed hard-boiled eggs and fruit for breakfast in the room tomorrow morning. This lodge provides coffee and tea all day in the lodge plus we brought 8 bottles of water. Tomorrow for lunch we are having salad with cans of tuna, also brought from home. This plan always saves calories as well as money. We will eat dinner here tomorrow night at the buffet. The Sunday morning breakfast and lunch will be a bit more problematic, but I'll try to be careful and keep the calories reasonable. I'll keep you posted.

Tomorrow it's supposed to snow one to three inches up here. It should be amazingly beautiful to sit in the lodge by the fire and watch it snow, or go to the indoor pool area and look out the floor to ceiling glass walls at the snowfall. The only sad thing for me is that I am still restricted from swimming or getting in the hot tub. I will have to content myself with watching Mark enjoy these things. I'll probably get a lot of reading done! In any case, this will be a calm, snowy, relaxing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment