Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The damage is done; the verdict is in.

The damage is that I ate like crazy for several days. The verdict is that I gained exactly five pounds for the week. I guess that's better than the eight that I estimated yesterday. I actually did have a slightly better day yesterday, only 2045 calories, but that's just a best guess because the calories for menu items at DuClaw's do not seem to be available on the web.

It's just so depressing that one month of hard work, low-calorie eating, and walking can take five pounds off, but three days of eating 3 to 4 thousand calories each day can put it right back on. I just think that feels unfair!

All I can say is that I will commit to a better week this week. Mark and Evey are home. That's exciting, and it also keeps me focused and on track. I'll try to get to the mall to walk. Also, Mark gave me the Biggest Loser exercise program for our new Wii as an anniversary gift last night. Once the Wii system is up and running, I should be able to do other exercise besides walking. With the cold weather and snowy/icy conditions, driving to the mall to walk is getting difficult.

So that's it. The verdict is that if you do the crime (overeat), you will do the time (work another month to take off the same weight again). It's as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment