Saturday, December 12, 2009

First 5K since surgery

I have had an interesting day so far. I went up to a flu clinic for my H1N1 vaccination. It is finally open to everyone, not just the priority groups. I expected a long line and a cold wait outside in the 30 degree weather, so I wore two pairs of socks, two pairs of pants, and two pairs of gloves along with a scarf and a big coat with a hood. I also took a book to read. Well, I was completely wrong. The clinic opened at 10 a.m.; I arrived at 10:05 a.m.; I left at 10:20 a.m. Unbelievable. It was handled so very smoothly by the county health department. There were lots of people keeping us moving around and plenty of stations to get the shots. I was pretty impressed with the organization and efficiency. I also feel very happy that I have my shot now.

After the shot, I drove to the mall. Since I was wearing double socks, pants, and gloves, I really didn't feel like walking inside the mall. So I drove around the mall and figured out a parking spot that would make the walk a mile and a half. I parked, walked that route twice, and then into the mall to the Starbucks. Voila! A 5K walk followed by a tall, black, coffee compliments of Mark via my new Starbucks card. Happy Hanukkah to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment