Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Great day in the morning!

It's Tuesday and my official weigh-in is this morning. It was GREAT! 217.2, my lowest point yet. It represents 1.5 pound loss for the week (despite being up so much yesterday) and it's just two-tenths short of hitting the 105 pound mark. I'm very excited.

When I ate out yesterday, I did several things right. First, I went to the restaurant's website and read the menu carefully before I left the house. I picked out what I was going to have, a spinach salad (no bacon, no dressing) with grilled salmon. Second, when I got there, I stuck to that plan. I had three cups of black coffee along with it and lots of wonderful conversation with my friends. Third, when the delicious basket of hot bread and butter arrived, I did not even look at it! The salad had some shredded cheddar, a hard-boiled egg, and a handful of croutons on it, but even so, it's total calories were about 420. At the end of the meal, three hard candies were delivered with the check. One of my friends offered it to me and politely asked if I could have it. I decided to take it because it was a small sweet treat, self-contained, and only about 20 calories. I really appreciated that she asked me first. I also stuck to my eating plan all day without any slip-ups at night, so my day's calories were 1175. I have not had such a good day in at least a week.

Today is going to be an interesting one that I'll probably blog about later this afternoon. I have a 90 year old aunt still living. This morning I'm going to my cousin's house in the Baltimore area, then she and I will go to the nursing home to visit Aunt Elsie. This is the last of my mother's siblings. My mother was the youngest of 7, and Elsie was number 5. Although my mother died at age 58 and a half, nearly a year younger than I am now, several of her sisters made it into their 80s and 90s. I heard from my cousin that Aunt Elsie does not know who anyone is, but she's pleasant. I have not seen her for several years, so it's time to go pay a visit.

I also did some reading last night on binge eating disorder. That was enlightening and fodder for another blog later.

No comments:

Post a Comment