Friday, December 18, 2009

Isn't that the point?

I did not write a blog entry last night, as I usually do, for two main reasons. First, yesterday evening was just extremely busy, so I almost didn't have time. I say "almost" because, of course, I could have made or could have found the time except that I didn't want to write the truth. But isn't that the point? To write the truth? Now it's the light of day, well, almost, it's actually cold and dark out and 6:30 a.m.! I had a terrible night, so I feel I need to come clean.

Mark is in Florida, and I was alone in the house. (Not really for that long because I was so busy, but that's another story.) The rest of the Egg Nog Light ice cream was calling me. I swear! I heard it. For two hours, I told it to go away. Finally, at 10:00 p.m., when the chores were over, and I was happily watching Tosca from the MET on TV, it caught me unawares. Yes, the Egg Nog ice cream container just flew out of the freezer and into my lap. I told it that I would only flirt with it a little bit and not really get into it, but it was so seductive and so evil. Soon, I was all over it. Soon, the little bitch was GONE. Yes, I ate a quart or more of Edy's Slow-Churned Egg Nog Ice Cream. 110 calories per half cup, and I estimated that the bitch forced me to eat at least seven half-cup servings, maybe eight.

So to make up a few of the calories, I didn't eat the banana. Or the sugar-free Popsicles. Like any of that would matter now.

And I paid for it! I have not had bad leg cramps in over a year, since I have been exercising, eating better, and eating a banana every night at bedtime for the potassium. YIKES. My whole left leg went into a painful spasm at 5:15 a.m., including the truly painful large muscle in the inside of the thigh. I worked at it for half an hour to make it go away, sitting on the side of the bed massaging it and finally, painfully hobbling to the kitchen to eat the banana, belatedly!

I guess the good news was that sitting up looking at the clock made me remember that I had not set the time right, so my alarm would not have gone off at 5:45. Now it didn't matter because I was already up.

So, I ate the ice cream. I paid for it in leg cramps and lack of sleep. Another lesson learned, but isn't that also the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment