Monday, January 18, 2010

Another rehearsal

Today Mark and I rehearsed with the accompanist and the drummer for the Cabaret Showcase scheduled for January 30. It went pretty well although both of us still have memory glitches. The show is less than two weeks away. It's exciting! Then I went to my Mary Kay lady, who is also a good friend. She helped me learn how to do "glamour" makeup. That was fun and I bought a lot of beautiful new things. I was going to have my makeup done at a salon the afternoon of the show, but now I think I'll do it myself with my friend's help. She is willing to come backstage and assist, so why not. I already have all the stuff I need! I didn't get any exercise in today, so I'm hoping that nearly three hours rehearsing counts. Mark is out in the kitchen right now serving up another delicious Hungry Girl recipe, so I'm going to have a great dinner. I hope to stay focused and on track with diet and exercise for the next two weeks leading up to the show. Sadly I know that I cannot possibly reach my goal of weighing 200 by showtime, but I'm hoping for 210 now. That's pretty close. Thursday of this week is the exact one year point from getting serious about dieting. I think I should be able to say that I've lost a bit over 100 pounds in that year. Not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment