Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Boo Hoo

Today I was 208 when I woke up. That was good. I took a 67 minute walk up to Target to buy a few things, then over to Subway to pick up a salad, and then home to eat the salad. All good news. The Boo Hoo is because I've also known in the back of my mind since around Christmas time that I had another hernia. Today I went to the doctor to have the self-diagnosis confirmed. Yup. It's a hernia, and it seems to be right between where the other two were. The family practice doctor couldn't say for sure if it was part of one of the old ones or a new one in between. The result is the same: go back to the surgeon ASAP. He scared me so much back in April about going on the big cruise to Hawaii with the hernias. He said I should not do it. Now I don't know what to do. I will call his office tomorrow and try to get an appointment Thursday or Friday. If it needs surgery, then I guess he'll just have to try to fast track me into it so I can recover by March 2. I'm on that train and then on the cruise no matter what!

This is just not what I need right now. There is too much on my plate, figuratively. The dress rehearsal for the show is tomorrow night; the house is full of packed and empty boxes, so much that there's barely a path to walk or a chair to sit in; four people are coming Friday night to sleep over for the weekend for the show; a snow storm is predicted which could affect people traveling and whether or not we have the show; there's so much stuff in the house to move into the POD starting Monday and I can't lift it. How can Mark and I do this, and get the house ready to sell, and get ready to go away? I'm getting scared and depressed, and usually that leads to overeating! Eating is my way of dealing with stress, and I'm feeling very stressed. I need to breathe deeply and focus on what I can accomplish, not what I can't. I need to think about what I can control, and what I can't. OY! I'm not good at that!

1 comment:

  1. hang in there. I can't believe you found another one. Remember - God only gives us what he knows we can handle!

    ReplyDelete