Friday, January 29, 2010

Bad night. Getting sick?

I was so tired last evening that I was falling asleep watching TV before 10 p.m. I decided to go to bed at 10 instead of my usual 11. I'm sure I was sound asleep by 10:30, but I didn't stay that way long. At 2:30 a.m. I started to get a coughing fit. Panic time! Coughing is the WORST thing for a voice, and the show is tomorrow night. I can't afford to get sick NOW!!! I got up to drink some water and try to get the cough to settle down. Hydration is the best thing for the throat, and our air is so very dry at night; plus we keep it at 62 degrees over night. After I calmed down and had a glass of water, I climbed back into the warm bed, but I could NOT sleep. I sang all the songs for the whole show in my head. At 3:50 a.m. I just gave up and got up. I made a hot cup of herbal honey lemon chamomile tea and added real honey to it. I checked my email and read my Kindle. After that cup of tea, I made another one. By the time I finished the second cup of tea, I felt sleepy and just fell asleep sitting up in the living room chair. I was bundled up in socks, flannel nightgown, giant bathrobe, and even gloves because it felt so cold in the living room. I heard Mark rattling around at about 7 a.m. and just got up. At least I did sleep for two hours between 5 and 7 a.m. That was just weird because I'm usually a good sleeper.

Now that the day is progressing I'm desperately trying to stay hydrated and not talk too much. I took a personal business day from school in order to do some last minute errands for the show tomorrow and to prepare the house for the four people coming tonight for dinner and a weekend sleepover! I feel that I want to cough all the time, and when I do talk, it doesn't feel quite right. Please, please, please just let my voice stay in there until after tomorrow night! I don't care how sick or hoarse I am after tomorrow night, but I have to get through this show. Can you feel the panic in this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment