Sunday, January 3, 2010

Indian food is yummy.

I went to an Indian buffet with two former co-workers today. Although I ate only vegetarian entrees, there were LOTS of them plus too much bread. I suspect I easily ate 1400 calories at the buffet, maybe more. The really naughty thing was the bread basket. They brought a hot bread basket and the three of us ate it quickly before going up to the buffet. Then no one said NO when they brought basket #2 and #3. I'm pretty sure that I ate most of the third basket by myself. If I ever go there again, I must say NO to the first bread basket. Of course, I really didn't need to go through the line a second time either, but I went because everyone else did and because I really wanted to eat more. On the plus side, I ate some really delicious, very spicy dishes that were just spectacular. At least the calories were worth it. Tomorrow I go back to work, and I'm probably not alone in looking forward to the routine for the sake of better eating habits. There's four weeks to "show time," and I need to fit into the dresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment