Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Loved my ipod and Eschewed the cookies!

OK, that's ESCHEWED, not CHEWED. Yes, the faculty room was presented with three big containers of homemade cookies and chocolate candies this morning. What a way to start your day, and they stayed there ALL DAY! At 2:30 the chocolates were all gone, but there were still quite a few cookies. BUT I was a VERY GOOD girl, and I eschewed (that means avoided or shunned) eating any of it. Yeah, baby!

Today was the first day that I walked the mall with my new iPod. It was awesome! I have so many songs, so I just let it randomize them. I had no idea what was coming up next, but it was all good! I walked two times around in just under 40 minutes. I couldn't do three because I didn't have my real walking shoes on. Oh, well...

Also Freecycle works! It's an organization that allows people in close proximity to each other to give away stuff. I just gave away my 1973 set of Encyclopedia Brittanica, all 24 volumes plus index. Now they have a new home with two little girls to use them in the future. I also found a lot of boxes being given away at my school. I came home with nine more boxes today to load up more books and stuff. Wow, the moving process has really begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment