Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hit the Goal!

Last week I gained four pounds and recognized that I could not hit my goal of weighing 200 pounds by January 30 for the Cabaret show; therefore, I set a new goal for myself of 210 for the show! Well, I passed it already. This morning is Tuesday, weigh-in morning, and I weighed 208!!!! I lost 9.8 pounds this week. Wow! It just proves that keeping the calories in the 1200 range and moving around almost every day of the week DOES WORK!! My new total pounds lost is 114.

Last night we had our Tech Rehearsal for the show. That provided quite a work-out! I worked for 50 minutes just hauling 9 loads of stuff in from my car in the pouring rain and then clearing the bima to turn it into a stage. After a break of about 45 minutes while the tech guy worked his magic setting up mikes and sound equipment, we started the show. Each act took about an hour plus some cleanup. Whooeee! I was excited and full of adrenalin when we got home, so much so that Mark and I sat up until way after midnight talking over what went right or wrong and creating a list of things to do before and during the show to make it go smoothly. I bet I expended hundreds of extra calories last night. Every muscle in my body just ached. I had a real hard time falling asleep, but I was happy.

Now the only problem is the weather. A few days ago when I started looking at long-range forecasts, Friday and Saturday looked sunny. Two days ago the words "snow showers" were up there. Yesterday they said "snow," and this morning the forecaster said "moderate snow." This could be a serious problem. We have guests from Buffalo driving down here all day Friday and guests from New Jersey driving on Saturday. My daughter and her boyfriend are flying down from Boston Friday night, so we need to drive up to the airport at 9:30 p.m. to pick them up. Then there's the show Saturday night! Oh, please, please, please, pray for good weather Friday and Saturday. We have an alternate date for the following Saturday, but it would be so anti-climactic. We are ready NOW and I just want to get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment