Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wii Workout

Mark, Evey, and I did the Wii workout this afternoon. We did a short warm-up routine and a 23 minute light workout routine. It was fun, but I can't get on the floor yet. I'm not sure I got the full benefit of some of the exercises. Still it's kind of fun, especially with Mark and Evey alongside me. When I set it up, it asks your height, age, current weight, and goal weight. It was nice to see that I'm only 39 pounds from my goal. I also had to pick a time frame. I really only have 7 weeks until we leave on the vacation, so I picked the 8 week plan. It told me that I can lose 26 pounds in that amount of time. I'm not sure I believe that. I really think that two pounds a week would give me only 14 pounds, but I'd be happy with that at this point. We'll see. It also said that my calorie intake for maintenance should be 1717. That's good to know. If I eat around 1200 calories a day, the amount I strive for each day, I have a 500 calorie deficit. That's a good amount for slow, steady weight loss. Yesterday I ate 1380 calories; today looks like 1330. Not as good as 1200, but it will still produce slow, steady loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment