Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rehearsing like mad

Today I went through the whole show, including all the talking between songs, while Mark was at the synagogue teaching his class. It went pretty well, and I felt in good voice. Wow, it's less than a week away now, and 150 people are coming. That's just mind-boggling.

I was a good girl at Mah Jongg yesterday. I allowed myself 500 calories, and I think I was close. I had a plate of tossed salad that included a few bits of cut-up apple and 7 croutons. I also had one English muffin with about 3/4 of a cup of tuna salad on it. The tuna salad was homemade by my Mahj friend using low fat mayo and water-packed tuna. That was all I had even though the other ladies chowed down on giant slices of blueberry muffins. I abstained from the muffins. I also was the only player not to win any games. Sigh.

I'm currently killing time at the computer while my lunch is cooking. I made a homemade vegetable soup using a can of green beans, about 5 baby carrots cut up, 1/4 of a raw onion chopped, a small can of mushroom stems and pieces, one stalk of celery cut up, 1/4 cup of instant rice, and some spices (garlic powder, onion powder, Mrs. Dash's seasoning, black pepper, and a dash of red pepper flakes). I have no idea how it will taste because I never made anything like it before, but it looked good going into the microwave. I am estimating the calories this way:
can of green beans 70
can of mushrooms 20
onion and celery 15
carrots 35
rice 100
Total: 240
With that I plan to eat a can of tuna fish in water for another 100 calories.

So lunch is 340 today; breakfast was 350 (3 of Mark's lo-carb pancakes at 190 and 4 links at 160). Later, dinner will be Hungry Girl French Toast, green beans, and salad with parmesan cheese for a total of 470. My usual 10 p.m. banana and two sugar-free popsicles will round out the day with another 140 calories. Today's grand total: 1300. That's a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the great work with eating healthy!! You're so amazing!!! Can't wait to see the show on Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete