Monday, January 11, 2010

To Boston and Back

Sunday we drove up to Boston, and Monday we drove back. Whew! Fortunately it went very smoothly in both directions. Evey is moved into her new dorm room, which is truly beautiful with a fantastic view of Boston. She is very lucky. Eric's parents were there and helped us move Evey in so fast it made our heads swim. Thanks so much to them!

We ate out Sunday lunch at a great place in Sturbridge, MA on the way up plus a fabulous dinner at the Freeport Tavern in Boston with Evey and Eric. Sigh...the food was all too good and way too much of it. I had nearly 4000 calories on Sunday and very little exercise. Today was a bit better, but it's still going to be about 2200 calories for the day because I ate too much at the hotel breakfast. Tomorrow is weigh-in day, so I'll report back tomorrow afternoon.

Sad news. My Aunt Elsie passed away over the weekend at age 90. I'm glad I got to go see her three times in the nursing home in the month of December. I meant to go again tomorrow, but I'll just go visit my cousin Irene instead. Elsie will be cremated and later in the spring her ashes will be buried in Cumberland next to two of her sisters: my mother, Ruth; and Irene's mother, Jean.

No comments:

Post a Comment