Monday, August 16, 2010

Florence to Baltimore in the Red Zone

Every morning we watch Good Morning America, and Sam Champion (seriously, that's his real name) shows the weather map. Today the big red blob with dangerous lightening and storms is from southern VA to Boston. Hmm...could be a bumpy ride this afternoon.

We had rain from the FL/GA line all the way to Florence yesterday. It looks like today will be bad from just north of the VA/NC line up to Cindy's house. UGH! That makes this long, depressing drive even longer and more depressing.

The only good thing I can say about yesterday is that I only ate 1500 calories. That's the first day in a long time that I had under 2,000 calories. Hopefully today will also be a good day. When I got up yesterday, I was 219. Not great, but still not worse than my surgery last November. It's not great because it still means I put back 14 pounds from my lowest point around mid-February, but I have had too much eating out, too little structured exercise/walking, and too much stress to lose the weight I gained on the cruise. I know that's just an excuse, but there it is. I'm going to try to do well again today. Taking it one day at a time. That's all I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment