Friday, August 27, 2010

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Won't you be my neighbor?"

Who remembers who used to sing that? I'll wait...YES! Mr. Rogers! Good for you.

It is just 75 degrees and sunny right now as I sit on the lanai, listening to the birds chirp, Mark whine, the garbage truck rumble, and the TV drone. LOVE IT!!

I ate my usual 200 calorie breakfast yesterday followed by a pretty good 400 calorie lunch and a banana for an afternoon snack. Then I lost it at dinner: two rolls with butter, huge glass of wine, vegetable pot stickers for an appetizer, salad with cheese, and a huge plate of the evening special at the restaurant, penne salmon in vodka sauce with parmesan cheese. OMG it was SO DELISH!! Then we went to the free movie. Just like last time, it was a packed house. Everyone laughed so loud that sometimes you couldn't hear the next line of diaglogue. It was fun. Clearly it is THE place to be in Solivita on Thursday nights.

We also didn't exercise yesterday unless you count moving things out of boxes and around the house and lifting and moving boxes. I did plenty of that. I also got to sit and read for an hour last night in the living room. Most of those boxes are gone and the lamps are set up. It was very pleasant to have time to read my Kindle while sitting in my old comfy chair in the new living room.

My neighbors are going on a cruise, so they brought us half a honeydew melon. I'm about to go have that for breakfast this morning. We will empty some more boxes, buy food for tonight, explore Mark's new comic book store in Kissimmee, and go back to the Palms for weights and the Riviera for walking.

Hope your day is a great one, too.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,
    I just caught up with your busy week on your blog! I am glad you are getting so much done down there and that you are back on track!Good for you and keep it up!
    I am loving being "unemployed" and I can't believe how quickly the days go by anyway! I go to physical therapy twice a week and have exercises to do at home. Walking is difficult and doesn't seem to be getting better after just 2 weeks, but I know it will. My foot seems to hurt more since I started walking. The therapist keeps reminding me that I was off it for 2 whole months and it will take time. Marc and I took a short walk down the street last night and hopefully I will build it up and be able to walk more houses everyday!

    I am also using our stationary bike at home, which I was suppose to do first thing in the morning and here it is after noon and I still haven't done it! I have actually been catching up on updating Sisterhood stuff today! I just changed your address in our membership list.

    I have decided to go visit Ariela in New Mexico for Labor Day weekend and the week of Rosh Hashanah, so I will miss seeing you at shul.
    I decided that I may as well go see her and hang out in a new, beautiful environment even if I can't climb mountains or even walk miles.
    We plan to drive up to Colorado Springs and Denver, 2 places we have never been go.

    Enjoy your shabbat and weekend in sunny Florida. The weather is actually beautiful here as well but will get hotter next week!

    Love always,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie,
    I know you'll foot will improve. It really does take time. The first time I went out to walk in November after my hernia surgery, I could barely make it to the corner and back. It will come back. Just do a little more each day. Have a great time in New Mexico. I have never been there, so tell us all about it. L'shana Tovah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the song, but never did watch Mr. Rogers. In fact, Naomi (as a toddler) would watch 2 hours of Sesame Street--soaking it all in--and when Mr. Rogers came on, she would just turn the TV off. I always thought that showed her good instincts. Do you get the feeling I didn't quite care for the blandness of Mr. Rogers.

    Okay. Unpacking boxes takes a lot of energy--so don't put yourself down for not getting exercise. There's different kinds of exercise and your body needs it all. And I happen to think your dinner sounded divine. Okay, one roll instead of two would have been better. Back to basics. One day at a time. Do the best you can do, but don't deny yourself some pleasures--that's counter productive and will make you miserable. Just don't do it all the time!

    ReplyDelete