Thursday, August 19, 2010

Stay Tuned

I'm leaving an half an hour to head to St. Agnes Women's Health Center in Baltimore for my multi-disciplinary team meeting. I had received a phone call from someone in the admitting department who pre-registered me for the surgery next week and explained what would happen today. I was advised to wear a two-piece loose-fitting outfit. I will be in a room for two and a half hours. During that time a parade of oncologists, radiologists, plastic and general surgeons will come through. Each will have read my mammograms from the last two years, my recent ultrasound, the MRI, and the biopsy report. They will examine me and give me their opinions of my treatment options. Mark is going to be there to take notes and a representative from the American Cancer Society will be there the entire time along with my care co-ordinator. I feel like such a big deal! Tonight I will blog again to share the results and decisions made.

Last night Lowell came over to join us for spaghetti, salad, fruit salad, Tullamore Dew, and wine. It was awesome. Thanks, Lowell!

No comments:

Post a Comment