Saturday, August 28, 2010

Shul and Pool again

Once things settle down after my treatments and we live here permanently, this is going to be the usual Saturday blog title. Why would I change that? It's perfect.

Yesterday we walked 45 laps in the goldfish bowl (aka indoor track) for a total of 2.25 miles. I did it in 43 minutes; Mark did it in 38. Not bad. We want to work up to a 5k again which would be about 63 laps. If we were staying here longer, we could do it. Then we went to the weight machines. I did six machines. Mark did the same ones, but he takes twice as long on them. I have to work up to more weight. I'm doing low weights, two sets of ten. That's not much, but I don't want to pull a muscle since I'm not used to it. I don't know if we'll get back anymore before we come back for Labor Day Weekend, so it's hard to build up.

This morning is cooler outside. Our usual routine is to open all the windows on the lanai first thing in the morning because it's so pleasant and sit sipping coffee for awhile. Mark even plugs his laptop in out there and does all his morning computery things on the lanai. I enjoy listening to the loud cranes squawking and watching the palm trees blow gently in the wind. It's just beautiful.

We are considering a day at Walt Disney World tomorrow, but we're having trouble deciding which park. Oh, wait, we have season passes! We can do more than one in the day if we want. Last time we did Magic Kingdom and the Studios, so this time it's going to be Animal Kingdom and/or Epcot. We could get a nice long walk in at Animal Kingdom following all the animal trails and looking leisurely at them then go to Epcot for the new tequila bar in Mexico and the new pizza parlor in Italy. Ah, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment