Monday, August 23, 2010

Tortilla Night

Mark informed me this morning that Monday is tortilla night. I said, "But you are making enchilladas?" Oh, wait...yes, enchiladas are made from tortillas. LOL

We have fallen into a rut with dinners, but it's a rut I love and don't want to leave.

Monday: Tortilla night (or something MADE with tortillas, like enchiladas)
Tuesday: Amy Bowl Night (or any frozen prepared dinner from Lean Cuisine, Wt. Watchers, etc.)
Wednesday: Spaghetti Night (with miracle noodles)
Thursday: Eggy-thing can Happen Day! (from the old Anything can Happen Day on the Mouseketeers)
Friday: Shabbat (something more elaborate or upscale)
Saturday: Burger Night (veggie burgers, of course)
Sunday: Grilled Fish Night (Yum. Last night was blackened tuna steak, baked potato, and broccoli)

Every one of these nights also includes a big homemade salad and enough possibilities for variety to keep it interesting.

This is the routine we followed when I was losing the 100 pounds. If we had to eat out, it was only Subway or Denny's because I could keep the calories low.

We have moved away from this routine, and my weight has crept up. Time to get back on the routine. It is also a big money saver, which isn't a bad thing right now.

My sister blocked out a route for a longer walk than yesterday, about two miles, through her neighborhood. I might go drive it first to clock it. We are also going to the Greenbelt Aquatic Center and Gym where we will lift weights and swim. I haven't been there in a really, really long time, so I won't be able to lift what I used to, but it's a start. Once we get back to Solivita, we can go to the gym there. They have two huge exercise facilities with pools that are spectacular, and we have not had a chance to use them yet. We are determined to get to them this week on our visit back. In fact, one of the facilities, The Palms, is only a 1.3 mile walk from our house. On nice days we could walk up, lift weights, swim, and walk back. Whoee! I'm tired thinking about it, but that would be so healthy. I hope to have that as part of my regular routine eventually.

As predicted by some of you, I had retained water from the big Indian dinner Saturday night. I'm down two and a half pounds this morning. Good but not good enough. Today will be another excellent day and so will every day for the next week or so until surgery. I can't lose a lot in that amount of time, but I will definitely be below 220 before surgery. I was 220.4 this morning and there will NOT be going UP anymore! As I've said before in this blog, I was 220 last November 2 when I showed up for the big hernia operation, and I'm NOT going to show up for this breast cancer surgery higher than that.

Tomorrow is my "official" weigh-in day, so I will post my weight. Since I do not plan to take the scale back to Florida with me, I won't be able to weigh again until next Tuesday when we are back here at my sister's house. That's what I'm supposed to do, weigh in only Tuesday mornings. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're right on track. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good LUck. You have great resolve. I went to work for the first day back, came home and took a nap, and then hit the pool to swim laps!! Had to amke myself do it. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I'm glad I inspire somebody. Some days I really don't inspire myself. Today was a good one though: walking, weight lifting, swimming, laundry, phone calls accomplished. It was a good day.

    ReplyDelete