Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday is movie night.

Yesterday was an excellent day! I unpacked all the boxes of mugs, so my big cabinet that used to be in the dining room is all filled up. It's actually still IN the dining room. LOL

I also unpacked all of the pictures. The former owners left all of their picture hooks, so if the hook was in a good place, it got a picture. I need more hooks, but I put the pictures in the places I want them to be. It's starting to come together.

The best thing we did was eat all three healthy meals at home! That hasn't happened for awhile. We also went to The Palms recreation facility and used their weight machines. They are slightly different from the ones at the Greenbelt Aquatic Center, but they are really excellent. We did five or six upper body machines. I also got on a bike there for a few minutes to try it out. It went well. I watched a lot of people in the dance studio doing Zumba. It looked like a lot of fun. I got a class schedule and might try that in the future.

After that, we drove over to The Riviera Fitness Center and Spa. Ooo, such a nice long name. Mark had decided he didn't like the machines in that facility, but that is where they have the indoor walking track over the indoor pool. 20 laps is a mile, so we walked 2 miles in 40 minutes. I felt proud of us because it was a lot and at a good pace.

After 15 laps we turned around and went 15 in the other direction to keep our leg muscles even (thanks for that tip goes to my ATC daughter, Evey), then we turned again after the next 15 and did 5 in the original direction and turned again for 5 in the other direciton. The track is spongy, so it's a nice soft walk. There are four lanes, plenty of room for me and Mark and the other people who came and went walking in there. It was a little like being a goldfish going around and around and around, but the view through the floor to ceiling glass-enclosed track was beautiful. It was also a bit tricky trying to keep track of all the loops, but we'll get better at it, I'm sure.

Today's plan involves more boxes, more walking, some shopping, dinner, then movie night at Solivita. Every Thursday in the Starlite Ballroom there is a movie on a huge screen, complete with free popcorn and soda. The last time we were here we saw Steve Carrell in Date Night. Tonight we are going to see Chris Rock in Death at a Funeral. Can't wait. Another beautiful day in paradise coming up.

4 comments:

  1. Becky,
    It really sounds like you have started to get back on track, literally with your walking and eating healthier at home. The great thing about trying to maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle at least for me, is that just like life, there will be bumps in the road. Tomorrow is another day, and it's so important to forgive yourself, try to learn from it and move on--that is weight watcher mentality, and I agree wholeheartedly with it!! Here in Rehoboth we have a lovely beach day, so we are going out shortly to enjoy. It has been cloudy most of the week, but still lovely beach air. Enjoy your day in paradise. One step at a time, like Nadine's suggestion, is a good one for all of us. HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too true on all accounts. Enjoy the beach. That's certainly a paradise, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for getting back your healthy life style. It sounds like you're moving with a whole lot of new energy. I enjoyed my first day back at school--no kids until next week. Old friends, new co-workers, and it looks like it's going to be a great year. Pushed myself to exercise before school and went to yoga tonight. The real test will be tomorrow--can I repeat the morning walk? You have inspired me to go for it...Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Arlene. You are always working out. You're amazing. Keep at it. I didn't get a walk in today except for walking up and down from one end of the house to the other for hours unpacking boxes and moving things around. I finally sat down exhausted at 3 p.m. Tomorrow we are definitely going back to the gym and the indoor track, aka goldfish bowl. LOL

    ReplyDelete