Friday, August 6, 2010

It's my big 6-0!!

So much is going to happen today, all GOOD. It is my sixtieth birthday. Years ago, 1983 to be exact, when my mother died of colon cancer that had already spread to the liver, I felt that I would not make it to sixty. She died at age 58 and her mother died of colon cancer spread to the pancreas at age 60. Back in 1983, at age 33, I felt I would never make it to 60.

Well, this is one time it's good to be wrong. Here I am celebrating my 60th birthday in Florida. At 9 a.m. we will sign the papers and own our dream home in Poinciana. We are both getting ready to go to breakfast now then head over to the title company, praying that there are not going to be any ugly surprises waiting for us over there. We feel burned by the nasty three hour settlement for our Laurel house, so now we really are just wanting to get this over with and get the keys. At 1 p.m. we have an orientation meeting to Solivita where we will get our resident IDs, info on guest passes, and probably a huge tome of covenants. Ha Ha! As long as they cut the grass, I'll do whatever they say!!!

Tonight Mark is taking me to dinner at the Trail's End buffet on the grounds of WDW at the Fort Wilderness Resort. Evey and Mark ate dinner there back in December when he went down to help her move out after her internship. They both loved it, so Mark wanted to treat me to that restaurant for my special birthday dinner. I told him that I did not intend to hold back on my food choices, but I will behave myself at breakfast and lunch so it won't be too awful. LOL I just want to enjoy myself all day.

If the paper work goes smoothly, I'll be changing my "current city" on Facebook next time I log onto the computer.

Thanks to all of you who have already sent me e-cards or Facebook greetings. Before 6:30 a.m. I had 7 greetings waiting for me! Technology is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete