Friday, August 20, 2010

Nothing to say

I am sitting here in front of the laptop trying to think about what to post today. I have nothing to say. Who would think THAT would ever happen.

Today we are having a low-key morning, relaxing with TV news, not rushing to eat breakfast and run out the door. That has been a pleasure. The only tasks for today involve going to a local mall here for Mark to buy comic books at a store near Cindy's house. There is also a grocery store there, so we are going to buy the things we need for tonight's Shabbat dinner. I have a lunch engagement with my friend Chantel, and then we'll be back in the house all afternoon and evening. Cindy is gone for the weekend, so Mark and I are left alone in her house. We promised not to throw any wild parties or trash her house while she's gone.

The only concession to cancer that I plan to make today is to continue to read the pamphlets and booklets that the hospital gave me. I read a little last night, but there is more. I have learned a lot, and I think that there is nothing else to know until after the surgery. The decision to make now is what kind of surgery. I'll keep thinking about it until next Tuesday.

I have an online support group of women in a similar situation to me. I enjoy reading their posts and chatting with them back and forth. I am learning that I am in a very normal stage of indecision, but most of them feel that whatever decision I make, it will be the right one for me. I believe them.

No comments:

Post a Comment