Saturday, August 14, 2010

Shul and Pool

I think Saturdays here are going to fall into an excellent routine of shul and pool. That's what we did last Saturday, although last week it was from the hotel that was already close to the shul. Today we have a 45 minute drive to the synagogue and back, but then we do plan to spend the afternoon by the pool. It is predicted to feel like 107 today. OUCH. That's the worst yet, but only 30% chance of rain.

Ha Ha!!! It was 30% chance of rain yesterday, but we got soaked at the Magic Kingdom and had to buy two more Disney rain ponchos. For some reason we went over there with hats and sunscreen. Before we got two miles from the house, a huge thunderstorm came up and lasted for hours. We never needed the hats and sunscreen, but we sure did miss the five rain ponchos and four umbrellas we left back at the house! So now we own SEVEN rain ponchos, but we are leaving the new ones in the car from now on.

As usual for this area, shortly after we bought the ponchos, we didn't need them. It stopped raining and turned into delightfully perfect weather. We had a kosher corned beef dinner with rolls, sweet potatoes, and carrots. Then we watched the Main Street Electrical parade, which is special for Summer Nightastic, followed by the BEST fireworks EVER!! It was an amazing display. That was the first use of our new Florida resident season pass to Disney World.

Later today we are also going to drive the 45 minutes back to go to the Disney Studios for the last night of Summer Nightastic events. They are doing something special with the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Ride. The park closes at 7 p.m. tonight, so it won't be a late night.

I'm listening to a news report on the "Humiliation Diet." Apparently there are now thousands of people tweeting every meal they eat and their daily weight. I guess I sort of do that on this blog, which was my intent. I didn't intend to humiliate myself; I just needed some accountability when I started this back in October. It worked great for awhile, but I don't seem to be focusing on that anymore. Lately the blog has turned into a report about the house selling/buying/moving process and the breast cancer. I'm pretty sure there will be many blogs in the future about my CURE!! I know there will be a cure. There are so many prayers and healing thoughts going out on my behalf. I feel very positive. The environment here in this house and this community down here is so physically beautiful and relaxing that I can't help but feel positive. When I go back north tomorrow, the love and support of our huge network of family and friends will surely provide the same positive feelings.

Got to go to shul. Bye Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment