Saturday, December 11, 2010

The first snowfall of the season.




It snowed yesterday! OK, it was just about an hour; it was just a quick clipper system; it didn't stick long. Still, it was FUN. I actually love snow, especially a little one that doesn't require any shoveling. Mark hates it, even little ones, so he was not happy to see this little burst of snow; however, I was still able to get him to go out in it and take a walk with me. I was feeling very good yesterday, so we walked twice around Cindy's very, very big block. The walk took about 30 minutes. Wow! That was a really long walk for me lately. It's a lot farther than the four blocks down and back to the mailbox. This time I didn't run out of energy until we were almost back to the house on the second time around, no irregular heart beats, no cinder block legs to drag along. I just felt great until the last couple of minutes. Then it felt like a woman who hadn't walked for 30 minutes in over two months, and that was very normal! I resolve to go out again today and do the same walk, maybe a little more.

Tonight I'm going to the synagogue to a concert. The son of our cantor studied voice as an undergrad. He's now in grad school and contemplating becoming a rabbi someday, but tonight he is gracing our synagogue with a concert of classical and Jewish music. I could have saved a little money by buying tickets in advance, but I was afraid to commit to it. I decided it was better to pay a little more at the door than lose it all if I couldn't make it. I'm pretty sure at this point that we will make it, and I'm really looking forward to it. I know it will be awesome.

I did try to curb my eating a little yesterday. It wasn't a strict diet day, but I definitely ate less than I had been doing. I'm going to try to stay on track, and maybe there will be something positive to report on Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun.
    Snow did not stick here at all and I am happy about that!
    Hope to Mahj with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you felt like taking a walk yesterday. I hope that you enjoy your concert tonight. I am glad that you had your snow yesterday instead of today like we are having. We have "travel not recommended" in our area tonight so we will enjoy a warm evening at home. Even though our weather isn't great tonight I like snow too and I think that our snow looks beautiful tonight while falling.

    ReplyDelete