Monday, December 13, 2010

Just checking in

When things are going well, it's hard to think of things to say in the blog. I had such a low-key day yesterday that it was quite relaxing and wonderful. I'm sure everyone would want such a lovely, easy day now and then. Today I got up at the more reasonable time of 7 a.m., which allowed me to have some time for conversation at breakfast with Cindy before she had to head off to work. I like that time.

Today Mark is grading more comic books for sale. There were 36 large tote bins of comics that we could not fit into the POD when we moved, so Cindy allowed us to put them in her garage in July. These were the ones Mark intended to sell. Not all of them will sell, but he's working hard to get as many sold as possible before we leave. Some may have to be donated, recycled, or shipped to Florida.

Soon we are going to Pikesville for a kosher Subway lunch and some shopping at Seven Mile Market. We have to buy some kosher meat because Mark plans to make a Hungry Girl hot roast beef sandwich for us for dinner tonight. That will be interesting. The doctor thought we should curb the amount of soy based products that we eat when she found out I was often eating it three meals a day. Soy has plant based estrogen in it and my cancer is estrogen positive. The oncologist did admit that more studies need to be done to determine if the soy estrogen really affects these cancers. At first she said it was fine to eat it until I informed her I eat it three meals a day, four or five days a week. She seemed pretty horrified by that, so she suggested we eat it only once a day at most. I have substituted the soy sausage links at breakfast for high fiber cereal instead. I'm eating tuna or soup without soy for lunch when we are at home. Mark is making real meat at dinner more often than ever. I have no way of knowing if this is helping the cancer to stay away, but it is providing some entertaining and tasty new dinners!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky,

    I apologize for not commenting much these last few days.

    I am so glad that we were able to meet w/you and Mark, Wednesday for lunch. We enjoyed it and I hope you did, too.:-)
    Hopefully, we can come and see you, again before you leave for FL.

    Thanks Becky for talking about soy. I had forgotten about what my primary care doctor warned me about eating too many products that had soy in them. She said that they were not good for me and some post-menopausal women. She said do not drink soy milk or anything that boasted about having alot of soy in it. So I read the ingredients and make sure that it is nearly last on the list. Thanks again.

    I am praying for you and Mark.
    Love,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete