Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Today is my 35th wedding anniversary. Mark and I were married in Silver Spring, MD on December 21, 1975. It was a cold day and snow started falling during the reception. Still it was an awesome day! We have had quite a wonderful life together. Love you lots, Mark!!

It's also Tuesday, so I weighed in. It just keeps getting worse and worse. I'm up two more pounds, so I hit a new high since the weight loss, 240. I thought when I got into the 220s again that it was bad, then the 230s just didn't seem possible. Hm....anything is possible. It's always possible to undo all the good you do. Last year at this time I weighed 213. Wow! 27 pounds up in the year, but it's really just in the last few months. UGH.

Now I'm trying to eat these pro- and pre-biotics. None of them are low-calories either. Yesterday I had oatmeal, blueberries, and Activia yogurt for breakfast. For lunch I had a big slab of sourdough bread with a big slice of hard cheddar cheese (not the low-fat kind either). A few hours later I steeled myself up for the sauerkraut. I opened the jar and put about half a cup on the plate. I have never put sauerkraut in my mouth, but I was determined to do it. I took a small bite of the cold sauerkraut, and it tasted vaguely of a really strong sour pickle. Not my favorite taste, so I thought I would eat it with two chicken hot dogs and warmed up. I put the hot dogs on the plate with the sauerkraut and put it all in the microwave. GROSS!! It was way worse hot than cold, but I still managed to eat the whole thing. Later I ate another Activia and an orange. For dinner there was lemon pepper fish (coated with breading that we bought at the market), quinoa (for the whole grain), broccoli, and cole slaw. It was a delicious dinner. I also had more sourdough bread with raspberry jelly and two Popsicles for a late night snack. All these foods were good for the C Diff fight, but it was a lot of calories. At least I did get out and walk 15 minutes around the block.

The only other annoying thing to report is that I have caught my first cold of the season. Cindy had one last week, and although she wore a mask when she was around me and although she was gone a lot of the time, I still seem to have caught it anyway. She feels really bad that I got it from her. I just woke up yesterday with the feeling that I was getting the cold. I started taking the zinc lozenges, Cold-Eeze, after each meal, 4 throughout the day, according to the package directions. I hope it shortens the duration. This morning I am very congested and snuffly. Mark is worried that as my white cell count drops between today and Friday the cold could turn into something worse. I sure hope not, but I guess it's a possibility.

The only thing I plan to do today is go out to dinner for our anniversary tonight. Mark and I plan to go to the Royal Restaurant in Pikesville, a kosher place we have never tried. It's gotten mixed reviews from our friends, but I still want to try it once. In between now and then, I plan to take it easy. Hopefully rest, zinc, and oranges will keep the cold from getting too bad.

Last thing to say is that Lowell joined us for dinner and TV last night since he couldn't make it last Thursday due to the snow. I always enjoy his company. My two kids are one of the BEST things about my marriage to Mark. Happy Anniversary, Mark! I love you.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Becky and Mark. Congratulations on your many years of happiness and my wish is for you to have at least as many more.

    Juanita Bainter (Cancer Care)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! We are having a special dinner tonight as well. Our Israeli "exchange student" (for lack of a better word) is making dinner for us. Lots of Middle Eastern spices... Yum!

    Commenting on the older post -- florastor is wonderful -- I take it anytime I am on antibiotics, especially some of the newer more powerful ones.

    Hang in there, kiddo! Hugs from Silver Spring!
    Love, Farlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Becky and Mark. I hope you have a wonderful day today. Have a fun time going out to dinner tonight and Becky I hope that you kick your cold pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete