Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lunch out

I got all my Christmas cards finished yesterday, so I'll take them out to the mailbox today. It was a good day yesterday in general. Mark finally had time to bring in two of the 36 boxes of comic books sitting in Cindy's garage and start sorting them, grading them, and posting them for sale. It's a slow tedious process, but it has to be done.

Today we have plans to meet our friends Bev and John at a restaurant for lunch. We tried do this a few weeks ago, but I ended up going into the cancer center and sitting with a four hour bag of saline instead for dehydration. The next day I was admitted to the hospital for the second time. So far today it doesn't look like there will be a repeat of that! I have been feeling remarkably healthy since Sunday.

I really appreciated the comments I got on yesterday's post. In the morning when I wrote that, I felt very depressed, but as the day went on I did feel better. Those blog comments helped as well as the personal emails I received. It is important, as Bev and others said, to remember all the brave women who survive for 10 years or more. I'm already 60, and I never expected to live much past 70 anyway. If I can beat this for 10 years, I will be very grateful. Anything past 70 will definitely be a bonus!

It's COLD out today, colder than the last few days. Even in Florida, it's in the thirties, not exactly conducive to lounging on the lanai in the morning. Stay warm, everybody.

1 comment:

  1. Becky,
    I am glad that you are feeling better today. I am too. I wanted to answer the question you posed to me in your blog yesterday. I remember when I got through my initial cancer treatment I did have the problem of "waiting for the other shoe to drop" at first. I had a bad oncologist back then who wasn't much help himself to me nor were his nurses. Even with them by about a year I was doing better and not worrying so much about a reoccurence of BC. Exercising helped my anxiety about this. As soon as you get through all of your BC treatment and cruises and weddings and etc., you are going to have what sounds like a very fun retirement close to Disney World with a husband who sounds like a winner to me, so maybe all of those things will help you fight the fear of the future after you get done with BC treatment.

    When you get ready to start walking again (after you are done with all of your BC treatment) let me know if you want a computer walking companion. I could always use the encouragement too and the walking would do us both good. I think that it would be fun.

    Take care. I am praying for you. Aren't you still having a Hanukkah celebration tonight? If so have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete